roses

roses

Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Monday menu? LOLWUT?

 I was going to be so organized as to post up my weekly menu but yesterday was chaotic. I didn't get even half of the writing I had scheduled done. The kids were behaving relatively well except they needed me every five minutes it seemed. It made getting anything done hard.

I think I'm going to change out some of my topics and try to post in here a bit more. Monday menus are going to resume next week (provided that I'm organized enough this week to get one done, last week was iffy on that front). I'm also going to be posting a bit about stuff that's going on here and around town as I resume my walks. It's not as lively here as it was in the town that we were living in a few years back, but that's not entirely a bad thing.

Except on the 3rd of July. That's when the town has their annual fireworks display at the lake. Residents at the lake light up bonfires and road flares to create the 'ring of fire' and there's kind of a dueling fireworks display between the pros and the amateurs. This year, the guy who owns the field out behind the property we live on decided to have a mortar and was firing it off every five minutes. Thank gods we are not so dry as to have burn bans in place right now. But, it was loud and obnoxious. 

I feel bad for the veterans and others who have ptsd that gets triggered by loud explosives going off. The 4th of July and associated celebrations are pretty hard. When my anxiety was not under control, I had a hard time with it. I just couldn't feel safe with all those explosions going off towards the end of the evening. And of course the time that they're doing their grand finale is the time that I am trying to sleep. It was rough last year. This year, thanks to the hefty med cocktail that I'm not at bed time, I fell asleep with annoyance instead of anxiety over the fireworks. 

I'm still irritated with that guy with the mortar in the field out back because he was firing it in the direction of the building that we live in, which is towards the back of the property. Granted, the angle was high, but still. This moron was firing explosives towards where I live for the fuck of it. I was not impressed. 

No comments: