roses

roses

Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Fiber Fluff: I have a new toy!

 My mother-in-law gave me a present for the 4th of July: a ring distaff! The vast majority of my spinning is done by hand. It's going to be exciting and fun to learn how to use this thing. 

My spite shawl is almost complete. I started knitting it when I was angry and have been working on it when frustrated or angry with some situation. It helps with the anger and I'm making something useful in the process. I plan on grounding the energies that are in the shawl/scarf (it's not quite long enough to be a shawl and I'm near the end of the ball of yarn). After that, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with it. I will, obviously, post pics of it.

I'm still working on preemie hats. Last weekend, Cuddle Bear asked me to teach him how to crochet and he made a tiny washcloth for his firetruck collection. Next we're going to make a simple crochet bell. He's super excited. I don't have a pic of it, but I sewed a pride flag onto a pink hat for Beloved and J.R. Bob Dobbs patch on the back of the hat. He's thrilled with the results. I'm just glad that he finally was able to find a baseball style cap that fits him properly. It's been a long time since he had a hat that fit him right. I'll try to con him into letting me take a pic of him in the hat in the near future.

As he said, "There is no Pride month, it goes all year, baby!"

No comments: