roses

roses

Friday, July 23, 2021

I'm tempted to become a misanthrope.

 For the third time since we've lived here, some asshole stole my gardening stuff. It wasn't something small like the first two times. It was a large planter and a strawberry pot (with its terracotta saucer). I've called the landlord who is checking the camera history. I've gone through the cycle of fury, grief, and resignation in record speed. These neighbors who are doing this shit we leave alone. And yet, they've done it.

I am resigning myself to house plants. I can't apparently have nice things outside. I tried to make things a little nicer around here by putting plants at the end of the walk and people rip them up and steal the pots. They rip up the flowers that come up in the beds by the house. I just can't have flowers apparently unless I buy them from the store.

I don't think the landlord is going to do anything about it. I just have a pessimistic feeling that nothing is going to come of the complaint despite the fact that there are cameras out front. As it stands, the state's moratorium on evictions goes until the end of August. So, even if he catches them in the act on his camera system, he can't necessarily boot them out.

I am hurt, angry, and disgusted. I also am deeply saddened because I was planning on planting flowers in those pots this weekend. The first weekend in a while that we were actually going to have time that I could possibly get to that. And now I can't. Fuck people.

No comments: