roses

roses

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Well, I didn't give up on Keen.

It keeps sucking me back in. It's a platform that is familiar and relatively easy to use. And I'm finding myself interacting with clients who are a lot more pleasant than those I had dealt with in the past. I'm even making a little bit of money in the process. I'm not thrilled with Keen's business model. I am attempting to just consider it the cost of doing business. Like if I had to pay the overhead costs of maintaining a store front and the rent went up.

I don't know if it is because I have been on there more or if it is because of COVID-19, but I am seeing more traffic. It's possible it is a little bit of both. The clients are getting more chatty than I recalled them being. I had one chat session last about thirty minutes. It was pleasant and I enjoyed not being rushed to give results like a computer where you get just about instant results when you hit a button.

I am on there from about 12:30 to 3:30 as the kids are doing science stuff and/or music stuff. Today, they sat and played math games on their chromebooks from school. I figured it wasn't a problem because we did academic work this morning. And when they're watching videos it is stuff like Bill Nye the Science Guy.

No comments: