roses

roses

Friday, April 24, 2020

Trying to partner with the teachers is challenging.

I honestly thought that because of the easy access to internet and such, partnering with the teachers would be easier. Instead, I am finding it exhausting and challenging. Not because the teachers are not helpful. But because I am mentally tapped out by the end of the week, which is when I sit down to plan my next week and attempt to align my schedule with the kids academic needs.

So, when I get that weekly call from the teachers, I find myself at a complete loss for words to say "This is what I'd like to do, how does it work for you?" They want to help. They are happy that we're doing what we can and that I am as militant about having the kids do school work as I have been. At the same time, I am getting exhausted from all of this. I don't know how the home schooling parents do this.

I realize that if I let the kids just derp around on the laptops for the afternoon, they will be a bit whiny and cranky when I get them off of them. At the same time, it is hard to get my things done when they are loudly arguing, digging through legos (which is the worst sound ever), or generally being loud in doing stuff. If I don't keep them busy, they fight. I can only do so much with the 20 minutes worth of work in each subject for each day. I still have the majority of the day to keep them active and I am running out of ideas.

I wish I didn't have limited spoons. There was a time I could have handled this better.

No comments: