roses

roses

Monday, April 06, 2020

Science videos and stuff.

For the last week we have been watching Bill Nye the Science Guy on repeat. I've lost count the number of times we have watched the volcanoes episode. When they're not watching Bill Nye, they are watching videos of kittens (including kittens being born). This has lead to questions about babies and such. The questions are getting a bit awkward at times. Fortunately, I'm not the only one who is being asked these kinds of questions. Beloved gets to answer them too.

We are adjusting to the new schedule to fit the teacher's schedules. Fortunately, it's not a big adjustment. The only problem here is the fact that one of the chromebooks is refusing to load properly. I don't know if I did something not quite right or if it's being glitchy. If I could figure it out on my own, I'd be happy to get it sorted out. I called the school and someone has put in a tech support request for me. They said it may be a few days before they have it sorted out because they are now on a M-W-F schedule rather than the every day schedule.

I am willing to wait and keep doing the things that I am doing over here. The fact that they've done so much for us that we hadn't expected is awesome. I think the kids will be happier with more access to their teachers and their classmates.

The fact that we are stuck at home is alleviated by the fact that we have so much technology. Sure, it's not the latest stuff, but we've got videos for them to watch and music to listen to. We have a small library of books (and some books on loan from the school as well). We are fortunate to have this. I keep asking what I can do to give back to the community to express my appreciation and support.

No comments: