roses

roses

Thursday, April 02, 2020

Communication breakdown is more than an Led Zepplin song.

In the light of the situation, I am honestly not surprised by the communication breakdowns happening. The school is scrambling to set up a google classroom account for all of the teachers and striving to connect them with the kids. This has been made even more challenging by the fact that not everyone in the community has computer access and internet access. It's been an interesting week.

According to theory, we may be getting the chromebooks assigned to the boys tomorrow but it is looking more like it is going to happen next week. On one hand I am relieved because I am not going to have to come up with lesson plans. I am terrible at it. On the other hand, I am concerned that we are going to fall behind if we don't have the chromebooks tomorrow.

I'm going to do my best not to worry. The school has their hands full and they're juggling a lot of balls all whilst spinning plates on a unicycle. I feel like I should do something to help, but there isn't much I can do. I just keep having the kids stick to the schedule that I have set up for them and try to figure out a way to keep in contact with the teachers. Email and phone calls have been flying around a lot. They keep telling me thank you for doing what I have been with the kids.

I just wish I knew a little better what they've been working on, this way I can push more of that into what we're doing at home. Because I am running out of ideas.

No comments: