roses

roses

Thursday, March 06, 2014

March Beer Tasting: Great Lakes Brewery's Conway's Irish Ale

I had two different beers but only one of them is getting mention. The reason why is because I only had a mouthful of the Shocktop Chocolate Wheat. It just hit me entirely the wrong way and I poured the rest down the drain. Some may say it was a waste of good beer and such but, honestly, I can't say I mourned the loss all that much.

Now, Conway's Irish Ale was an entirely different story. I was enjoying it by itself but I think it is another one that would go with a nice hearty meal. It has a lovely color, as you can see in that pic to the right. I found the flavor was improved by chilling it.

All in all, it was a delightful bit of alcohol. It had a refreshing hit on the palate and the hops didn't overpower the other flavors in the ale. On the whole, I think I would have this one again. Possibly when I make colcannon and corned beef for St. Patrick's day.

No comments: