roses

roses

Monday, February 24, 2014

Belated Valentine for my Husband

Beloved,

Please, let me make plain the depth of what I feel for you. The deeps of the ocean are but a thimbleful of water compared to my love for you. If the infinite vastness of space were translated into depth, it may begin to demonstrate how dear you are to me. I fear that all the tongues of man are not enough to express this great and all consuming passion I feel for you.

It is beyond my ability to express my gratitude for how you have supported and loved me through all of life's storms thus far. You are truly the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have had times where I honestly doubted my abilities and strengths. You have never once questioned if I was strong enough to endure the slings and arrows of life's torments. Indeed, you have always exhorted me to keep hope and encouraged me to press forward in realizing my dreams.

Some days, I am in awed silence of the devotion you have shown to me. What pure heart is it that burns with such love that can endure the whirlwind that has been my life? The four years that I was away at college felt to be an eternity, yet you remained as faithful as sunrise. When rumors threatened to split us apart, you turned a deaf ear to them and cleaved to the truth of our relationship. Indeed, even as tragedy has come into our lives, you have remained my constant companion.

The last ten years have been the happiest of my life for I have been wedded to you. It feels as though it has been a short time that we have been married. Then I look at our sons and realize that we have been married longer then a bare four years. I have had days where I have struggled and I have had days where things were terribly confusing. I would not exchange even those difficult days for all the world. In the end, I still have you by my side.

With you, I have realized my dreams. I am honored to be your wife and I love you with all that I have, am, and will be. Happy Valentine's Day, love.

Most Faithfully Yours,
Your Adoring Wife

No comments: