roses

roses

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Wow, I'm a mother!

Well, the big day has finally arrived. It actually came last week. Here's what the hubby posted for some friends of ours on a forum we both visit:
Hey, guys! Finally got home, figured I'd update everyone.

Douglas was born on August 22, at 1:01am EDT, weighing 7lbs, 8.5oz.

After a few days of some really bad contractions which I think turned out to be false labor, I took Deb in Tuesday morning because she thought her water broke. Turns out she didn't, but she was ALMOST dialated enough to be in full labor.

A walk around the suite fixed that REAL quick.

She spent 18 hours in full labor, but no dice. The hospital, in trying to make it painless, pushed her too hard too fast. Her uterus got too tired and we had to have a C-section. Damned doctors.

Baby and mommy are healthy. Deb's still got some swelling that's being treated, and of course she has to recover from surgery, so she'll be there for a few days yet.

I've gotta finish putting the crib together and arranging apartment furniture. We were in the midst of that when our baby boy came along a week early.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your well-wishes. It warms my heart, truely.

I've got pictures. They will be posted sometime in the next week or so. Yay for the digital camera the wife gave me for Christmas!
My being incommunicado for the last week has been because I was working with hubby to get everything ready here for the baby's arrival and then I was at the hospital resting. The experience of being at the hospital has some ups and some downs, I'll be ranting about that later. Yep, that's right ranting. More aggrivations then just the crappy food (and why the heck is it that hospital food is so bad as a general rule?).

It's funny, we expected him to be born this week and he showed up a week early. I'm now working on trying my hardest not to let the wacky hormone swings and the nervousness about being a new mother interrupt my enjoyment of being a mother. That said, I get worried as hell when this kid just won't stop crying. My mother tells me that is something all new mothers and fathers go thru and it'll be better next week. I admit it, I'm excited but I also feel like a cat in a rocking chair factory. :)

No comments: