roses

roses

Monday, August 09, 2021

Monday Menu

 This is the kids' last week of summer school. As such, this is going to be the last week of the summer where the menu is only dinners. The boys have taken to refusing what the school's offered for lunches over the course of the last week and been eating their favorite sandwiches for lunch at home. I don't know if the trend is going to continue this week or not. But I'm going to be prepared and make sure I have plenty of bologna, raspberry jelly, and bread on hand. We have enough peanut butter on hand to kill a horse, and that's before you count the dried stuff I picked up to try doing some recipes with.

My breakfasts are still just yogurt and granola. I'm getting bored of it, but I haven't had the time or energy to batch cook on the weekends right now. I'm sure I'll figure something out that's different. Probably refrigerator overnight oats if Beloved can find me some relatively low carb fruit to put in it. But, it's all a juggling game because we've had fruit go bad before we can use it when it's been picked up recently. I'm seriously considering going with frozen fruit, even though the sugar content for a number of the selection is higher. The menu is below.

Day Menu Item
Sun hot dogs &
salad
Mon Hamburgers
Tues Tacos
Wed grilled cheese &
gazpacho
Thurs pulled pork &
broccoli slaw
Fri raspberry
chicken w/
quinoa
Sat Take Out

No comments: