roses

roses

Monday, April 12, 2021

Writer's block sucks.

 So after the wonderful experience of a depressive episode and a mixed episode, I have writer's block. I am consumed with anxiety when I sit down to write which makes it just about impossible to do. Same feelings hit me when it comes to other forms of creative expression. I'm just not doing well on this front. I feel a rather significant amount of despair that my writing is futile and that I am shouting into the void. I have always been taught that writing is having a conversation with your reader. It is hard to have a one sided conversation.

The same part of me that is full of despair over my writing having any worth is telling me to delete all my blogs and abandon all of my projects because it will never go anywhere worthwhile. I know that this is a passing thing. It still hurts, however. I will pick up my pen and try again, because eventually this mood hangover from being unwell will lift and I will be able to get back to work. I just need to be patient. It's only been a week since the mixed episode ended and it tends to take me a little bit to bounce back from it. 

No comments: