roses

roses

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Ugh. Arthritis can die in a fire.

 I wasn't feeling too hot yesterday. I had a migraine. So, I took some medicine for it and tried to rest. That didn't work out great because I was too uncomfortable to sleep it off and then the kids got home from school. By the end of the day, the worst of the migraine was gone and I was feeling marginally better. Cue this morning. 

I wake up and almost all of my old injuries and joints ache intensely. Why? Because of the weather and my arthritis. I'm hobbling around with a cane. The cane helps but the pressure on my knees from standing is pretty intense and makes it feel worse. So, I've been spending most of my morning sitting down doing just about nothing.

Why nothing? Because the pain is making it hard for me to think. And my mood is dropping because of the grey weather and the persistent pain. So, I don't know what to do with myself. I tried to nap a few times but couldn't do it because of the pain. I just feel awful and my scumbag brain is telling me that I'm an awful person because I'm not up and moving around doing stuff. After all, my arms and legs aren't broken. It sucks.

On the plus side, I haven't tripped over anything yet today. I ran my knee into the chair next to the kids's room but that spot hurts less than the internal grinding sensation of the arthritis. I took some pain medicine. I'm hoping it will start working soon. I don't know what to do with myself right now and I feel upset. I want to nap but I can't. It just sucks right now.

No comments: