roses

roses

Monday, January 25, 2021

Coming in for a landing?

 I think I'm coming down out of the hypomania, but I'm not entirely sure. I didn't sleep that great last night. Partly because my blood sugar was running high and partly because the shelf I had up over the bed literally fell on me at 4 am. I recall ninja dodging it and then cleaning up the mess, being wide awake. I then debated if I should go back to sleep or not. I laid down and eventually fell back asleep but had some difficulty waking in the morning. I wake up on weekdays at 5:45am so that I can get the kids up at 6:00am this way they can get to the bus on time at 7:05am. On weekends, I let myself sleep in to 6:30am. 

I've been awake and very alert today. I completed just about everything on my To Do List by 5:00pm. That hasn't happened in quite a while. I was left befuddled and kinda wandered around not sure what to do with myself. I am having some difficulty focusing but my brain isn't spinning quite as quickly and I'm not as grumpy as I was yesterday.

Today was my first day back on Keen. I had four clients contact me. I'm hoping that tomorrow that I'll do the same. If I'm lucky, maybe it'll be five. I am being cautiously optimistic about this. It looks like the price increase hasn't necessarily scared people off from coming to me for a reading. I'm going to continue to be aggressive about blogging and posting links to my Keen stuff. I haven't set up a Facebook page for my Keen stuff yet, but I will eventually do that. It is going to go along with the witchy writing stuff that I have been doing and I'm going to work on maintaining a presence on Facebook with my two pages. 

I forgot to type up the menu today because I was busy with housework during the time I had scheduled for blogging. Well, not completely busy at that time, but it ate about half of my blogging block of time so I only got one entry on one blog done. I'm approaching my life with the attitude that I am an independent businesswoman who deals with three different things. My first concern is the running of my household and the care of my children. After that comes my writing work and then my Keen work. It's taken a lot of scheduling.

I've managed for the last two weeks to stick to this schedule that I set up for myself. I'm about 10k words away from finished with the third book I had started back in NaNoWriMo2020. Considering that I'm devoting about an hour a day to working on it, I'm not doing too bad on daily word count. My goal is to keep this schedule for good. I'm going to do my best to stick with it for the next two months. I am not good at keeping a schedule but if I can make it stick over the course of two months, it will stick for good I think by way of the force of habit.

And if I can get force of habit strong enough here on this front, it will carry me through the depressive episodes. That, at least, is my plan.

No comments: