roses

roses

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Diabetes can die in a fire.

All damn day today, my blood sugar has been high. I have been unconscious most of the day because of the fact that my blood sugar has been over 250. I don't know why this is happening. I know that my sinus infection is making my blood sugar run a little high but this increase makes no sense to me. I'm so frustrated. I had stuff I wanted to get done today. I had things I needed to get done before the kids got home from school. None of it happened.

I don't know if today is an outlier or a sign that something is going wrong. I'm kinda scared. I'm eating within my limits for carbs. I'm making sure that I have protein with my carbs. I'd be exercising except I was unconscious most of the day. I feel helpless and frustrated.

I was going to walk down to the corner store for a jug of milk because we're just about out. Didn't happen. I was going to fold up more of my laundry and get it done before the kids got home because of how much laundry I have piled up waiting to be put away (and sorted out for storage for winter). I had plans to get writing done today. Again, didn't happen until now because I was asleep pretty much all day.

I'm nervous about dinner. I'm concerned that I shouldn't  eat dinner incase it makes my blood sugar spike and I have difficulty waking up in the morning again. At the same time, I know that I should eat dinner because having my blood sugar really low is a bad thing. I skipped my morning snack because I slept through it. I skipped my afternoon snack. It is my guess that if I don't have it, maybe my blood sugar will be lower. I don't know.

ETA:

Not eating snack brought my blood sugar levels before dinner to 135, which is what I was hoping for. I did eat dinner. A modest bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee doesn't sound like much, but that and a bit of cheese and lunch meat made up my dinner. I think between the cheese and the lunch meat I had enough protein, but I'm not sure.

I'm so tired of this bullshit.

No comments: