roses

roses

Thursday, October 17, 2019

To Hel with this sinus infection.

To speed along this infection's trip down Hel's Road, I'm taking horse-pill sized antibiotics for the next week (twice a day). I've been exhausted and it's only now at three in the afternoon that I feel somewhat awake. At least I will be conscious when the kids are off the bus and demanding attention. I am so irritated with this whole business. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I have had some level of a bloody nose all week. According to the family doctor, that will go away as the infection does.

Jill H. is a good friend of mine from when I was in school. It was a pleasant surprise to learn that she lives just up the road. We've renewed our friendship like no time passed. One of her hobbies is shopping thrift stores and garage sales. She found some great clothes for the kids at just the right time. Cuddle Bear is growing out of his jeans. When he wears his old ones, he looks about ready to go fishing. So, we're shuffling clothes around and giving the stuff that the boys have outgrown to her to ferry off to the thrift store for another soul to use.

I am so thankful for Jill. I wish I could be a better friend to her and my other friends. Fortunately, the anti-anxiety medication change is helping me get out of the house and be more social. Apparently a big part of my problem getting stuff done and being social is my social phobia. Who'd've thunk it, right? I'm still easing my way into the medication change. So far, however, it's made socializing easier. It's made doing the weekly grocery shopping a lot easier again. No more panic if I'm choosing the wrong food for me to eat or if people are giving me odd looks and following me.

Now I'm just waiting on my proofs to arrive in the mail. I want to get book 4 out for everybody to enjoy as soon as possible. I think I'm going to release the e-book ahead of the paperback. That one looks fine. KDP dropped my stuff in the mail later than they had said they were going to, hence a delay of at least a week, I think. I was supposed to have it by now. If I am exceedingly lucky, I'll have it Monday.

TL:DR - Things are improving despite my being sick with a sinus infection.

No comments: