roses

roses

Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Fiber ramblings: Fire Colored Hats.

The spinning guild has found another hospital looking for preemie hats. I am excited. I have made a little over a half dozen already. Beloved saw the fire colored wool roving that I picked up at the last guild session and asked me if I was going to be using it to make hats. If I could, I would, but they want acrylic yarn to make it as hypoallergenic as possible. This sent me on a quest to pick out yarn with the same colorway in it.

Lo and behold, I found it at a craft store up in the city. The teeny-tiny hats for babies with heads approximately the size of lemons worked up to look like they had flames on them. The hats for babies with heads approximately the size of large apples worked up with a weird stripe to them. I have a pound of this yarn to use up. I believe that I am going to play around with some patterns to hopefully find something else that lets the color way play out for a more of a flame effect.

My spinning has been stalled of late. I just haven't been inspired to work on the fiber that I have going right now. I want to finish it before I move on to something else. I am bored, unfortunately. So, it just sits there in its plastic bucket giving me a guilty feeling every time I look at it.

No comments: