roses

roses

Monday, March 04, 2019

I'm starting to make art again, yay?

So, in the effort to improve my mental health, I've started making art again. Like, I'm busting out the sketch pad and my art supplies and doing stuff like what's to the right. That's an abstract self portrait. The blues and purples reflect what I'm feeling right now. I'm not at 100% at the moment but I'm trying my best.

I'm still kinda depressed but it seems to be improving. I feel like I've got some pieces to my puzzle missing, hence the blank spaces. My memory issues have been bothering the hell out of me. I've been trying to figure out where I put something important for the last two weeks and I haven't found it yet. I know I didn't throw it away, but I have no idea where it could be.

Hopefully in the process of my deep spring cleaning, I will find that box of trinkets. I kinda need it for some therapy work that I've been doing. I'm going to be using some of the contents in my art journal but I have to find the box with the stuff in it first. I think I put it away when I was in a hypomanic state. I'm kinda frustrated.

Journal work is a slow going process, but I think I'm beginning to sort some stuff out. I'm realizing that my imposter syndrome has some pretty deep roots and is intimately tied to my social phobia. I'm trying to work around that so that I can get going promoting my art and my writing.

No comments: