roses

roses

Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday Menu 4/17/17

I don't have a pic for you because I've just been running in circles for the last several days. So, my disorganized self didn't get that done.

Sunday was scheduled to have french toast casserole, bacon, and bananas with juice. Instead, breakfast was waffles with milk and bananas. Lunch was sandwiches, as I had planned. Dinner was supposed to be roast leg of lamb, salt potatoes, and asparagus (carrots for the kids). I forgot, however, to turn on the crockpot. Which meant that the leg of lamb had to get thrown away. So I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Cuddle Bear ate everything on his plate this time and told me that I had made him a 'special' dinner. Perhaps I have gone too long since the last time I made spaghetti.

Today's breakfast was cereal, I didn't have it in me to make eggs and toast which I had planned. Lunch was not mini pizzas but rather easy mac and cheese with some carrot slices. Dinner was hamburgers with pita chips and the last of the carrot slices. I am presently baking zucchini bread with chocolate chips and I am baking up a batch of homemade tatertots with spinach in them. my hope is that they will come out well and the kids will eat them with little complaint.

Tomorrow's breakfast is cereal. My plan for lunch for myself is leftovers. The lunch I am putting together for Beloved is a salami sandwich, cheese, and a bag of chips. I'm also going to add some of those peanut butter chocolate chips that the neighbors gave us yesterday. Dinner tomorrow is going to be beef fajitas with a tossed salad and some guacamole. The kids are going to be getting essentially nachos for dinner because they don't like soft tacos. Or I will make them quesadillas. I'm not fully decided on it.

Wednesday is scheduled for breakfast to be waffles with syrup and milk. I have a little bit of the strawberry jam that is more of a sauce left. I'm probably going to put that on waffles if they don't want syrup. Lunch for me is going to be a nice big taco salad. Beloved's lunch is going to be some of the leftover chicken curry that I had made for dinner Friday night last week. The stuff freezes amazingly well. I used the curry sauce from Aldi's. It came out really nicely. Wednesday is going to be tuna noodle casserole with peas. I'm pretty sure the kids are going to complain. I may just make them some chicken nuggets as I am cooking the casserole and do some plain noodles on the side.

Thursday is cereal for breakfast. Lunch is going to be leftovers. Dinner is going to be twice baked potatoes with ham and cheese, with a tossed salad. I am also going to start a pot of chicken stock simmering. I have most of what I need for it. I am going to be tossing in things like the ends of onions and what not. I am going to be simmering this stuff for a long slow while to get as much flavor out of it as I can manage. Then I am going to freeze some of it in cubes, put some into a jar in the fridge, and make a thing of homemade ramen noodles.

Friday is going to be pancakes, if I have the spoons to make them Thursday evening. If I can't get that far, I will be giving the kids cereal for breakfast. Lunch is going to be leftovers for myself and peanut noodles for Beloved with some diced chicken breast. I'm not entirely sure what sort of snack thing I'll include in there, but I'll figure something out.

I have cereal written down for breakfast on Saturday. I may just make eggs instead. Lunch is scheduled to be sandwiches. Dinner is scheduled to be meatloaf with tatertots.

Somewhere in the course of this week, I want to make a lemon meringue pie. Because I miss having them. I have some premade pie crusts and some lemon filling. All I have to do is make the topping. I'm going to think optimistic thoughts about this. I've never made this before and I remember my aunt Shawn telling me that meringue can be fussy.

No comments: