roses

roses

Monday, February 01, 2016

Down with the Sickness.

Yes, I ripped the title of this post off from Disturbed. I am not ashamed in the least bit. It amuses me and that is all that matters. I spent the weekend sick in bed. This nasty cold (which I was worried for a bit that it was turning into bronchitis) had me exhausted and miserable. I am at the point where I'm not feeling breathless walking around the apartment and doing some chores. I think that I might actually be well enough to go do laundry tomorrow.

In the midst of my intermittent fever and woozy exhaustion, I did something uncharacteristic of myself. I actually gave myself permission to rest and be sick. I was cranky with the fact that I didn't like being stuck in bed all weekend. At the same time, however, I was not trying to force myself to do everything because I was sick. Beloved was wonderful. He took care of the grocery shopping and kept the boys in line so that I could just sleep. Between drinking copious amounts of orange juice and tea, I spent a good amount of this weekend, when I was up, just sitting and staring at stuff. I guess that is what Facebook is good for.

I'm feeling a bit better and I have much more energy right now. I am optimistic that I can get laundry done tomorrow, provided I don't push myself too far today.

No comments: