roses

roses

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!

Dear Readers,

I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year! I am going to do something a little bit trite here and list my resolutions for the year. I will be revisiting this post and crossing things off as I complete them. It is my hope that I will have all of these things accomplished this time next year and a new list of twelve items. In no particular order of importance, here is my list of twelve resolutions for 2013!

  1. Use up all of my stashed wool yarn.
  2. Re-teach myself Spanish.
  3. Exercise 15 minutes a day.
  4. Write daily in my journal.
  5. Write according to schedule on my projects.
  6. Submit two manuscripts to publishers by July.
  7. Finish my fantasy manuscript.
  8. Crochet one square a day.
  9. Spin a mile of thread.
  10. Donate to charity.
  11. Stick with the FlyLady method of organization.
  12. Fix my sewing machine.
I'm making a singificant amount of progress on goal number one. My scrapghan is coming out nicely. I plan on sending it off to Njordsheart soon. Here is what I have done so far. It is using all handspun yarns. Some of mine is included but most of this is from a random grab bag that my MIL gave me a while back.


My crochet square for today hasn't been made. I am going to make a very basic 8 inch granny square tomorrow. I am thinking about making an 8 inch square in basketweave stitch for my square for tomorrow as well. My goal with the crochet squares is to make enough to sew into a blanket by the end of the year.

Over the last week, I have been busy using up my acrylic stash. I made three lap scrapghans and a shawl. I'm not sure what to do with them. They are pictured below.








My youngest claimed the stripy one. I don't know what I'm going to do with the other two. Beloved tossed out the possibility of my selling them on etsy. I'm also considering sending one of them off to one of the women I correspond with as part of the Secret Sisters thing that we do.

I expect that as I progress forward in making squares for this eventual blanket, I am going to have a tidy pile of scraps to make into something else. I am putting up my current project and such for the night, however. It has been a long day today. Running around after children tends to wear a body out.

I hope that everybody stays toasty warm this frigid night. Everyone who is some place warm, think happy thoughts for those of us who are cold. May the gods bless you all with good fortune and health this year.

No comments: