roses

roses

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Why am *I* Den Mother?

I'm going to go absolutely batty!

I have acquired some friends that are younger me and are turning me into Den Mother!

Ok, angst purged, for the most part. It's really creepy when I have these friends of mine calling me as the second person on their list when the proverbial fecal matter strikes the artifical wind machine. (Thank you Dr. Vicchio for that wonderful statement!) I suppose my husband is right and I am a sucker. I just can't let people flop about in agony, I have to try to help them get up on their feet, dust them off and set them back on track. One of these days I'll probably go nuts. :p

Let's look at what the last 2 1/2 weeks have brought me:

  1. "Men suck, I'm going to break up with him!" 4-6 x as of today's date, and this hour
  2. "I'm sick, what do I do?" every other day last week
  3. "My mom is going to kill me because of [insert crisis here]! What do I do?" 4-6 x as of today's date, and this hour
  4. "How do I fix [name broken item/problem here]?" 4-6 x today, lost count over the last few days
Now, don't get me wrong, I love my friends. But at the same time... What on earth happened that I have become the crisis person again? I'm utterly baffeled and wondering if God is trying to tell me something.

Oh, and for my friends that will understand the following: These girls are new to the craft and are looking to me to be High Priestess. If this happened 2 yrs ago, I'd probably jump right to it.. but why now? Ever get the impression that God has a really warped sense of humor? And all of that stuff for baptisim and what not has been put off for another year due to ... chaos and schedual problems.

Pardon me... I'm going to look for the wall I'm to beat my head against. :P

No comments: