roses

roses

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Pandemic Project 1: Dune Litany Against Fear


 I drafted this out in April. It's been busy around here. I haven't gotten as much time for stitching on this project as I'd like. Still, here's what I have done so far. Each petal of each blossom is done in a different stitch, as are the centers and the berries. I'm still deciding colors for the left side. My next 'update' on this, I hope to have the leaves and the buds finished on the right side. 

The right side represents life and growth. The left side represents death, decay, and rebirth (in the berries). All of this is hand drawn and hand stitched. It was just a random bit of cross stitching fabric I had on hand. It barely fits on the frame widthwise. I'm seriously considering getting it professionally framed when it is done.

(All of the blossoms are filled in, I used an ecru colored floss on the right hand blossoms. It's washed out in this pic because of lighting.)

No comments: