roses

roses

Friday, September 18, 2020

It is done.

 I managed to work up the emotional fortitude to put down the fish last night. Cuddle Bear was disappointed but not distraught because he was confident that the fish's soul would migrate into the next fish we will get. Snuggle Bug was very upset and it took me about 40 minutes to calm him down. He's afraid of death. Once the reality of the fish's death fully hit him, he had a bit of a meltdown. It was a lot of work to convince him that the death was a better thing than the fish continuing to suffer. Once we got past that, he was still upset over the idea that at somepoint everybody dies. 

I feel like a total heel for putting the fish down in the light of how distraught my son was to have his Lego buddy gone. We're going to recycle the fishtank and get a new one for the next fish. I am just tired. I've been depressed since sometime in March. Now we're hitting the "beginning" of my sesonal affective disorder, which I swear started the day after the Summer Solstice. So, I have to dig out my "happy" light and set it up. I don't know how I'm going to make that work. The time I spent last year using it with out distractions pulling me away is now the time the kids are up and we're working on getting them out the door to school.

No comments: