roses

roses

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Monday Menu

This week is not going to be as busy with my running errands about town. As such, I can put a little more time in on cooking.

Tonight was chicken nuggets, carrot sticks, and cheese puffs for dinner. The boys earned it. They worked hard today on housework (with out being prompted) and did really well at the Special Olympics on Saturday. (They won medals. Cuddle Bear won silver for the 50 yard dash and silver for the soft ball toss. Snuggle Bug won gold for the 50 yard dash and bronze for the soft ball toss. And they behaved wonderfully. It was a great day. And Beloved got to get some good laughs out of how the kids were fooling around and meet some of the awesome teachers I've been telling him about.)

Tomorrow, we're doing donuts for breakfast. My lunch is going to be the pizza leftovers from Saturday evening. I have some more of the super spicy chili in the freezer for Beloved to bring to work as lunch. I think I saw some cornbread in there I could send in with him too. Dinner is going to be hamburgers, tatertots, and carrot salad. I am thinking about making some macaroni and cheese too.

Tuesday's breakfast is going to be waffles, because we gotta eat these things up before they get freezer burn. I'm going to be having lunch while I'm on my way back from a doctor's appointment. Beloved's lunch is probably going to be related to leftovers from Monday's dinner. Dinner is going to be hot dogs with baked beans. I'm also going to make a simple salad to go with it all.

Wednesday's breakfast is going to be cereal. The boys have been talking about how they want to have Cheerios for breakfast for a little while now. I suspect they will decide to be offended by the prospect next. My lunch is definitely going to be leftovers. (I have a love for slow cooked baked beans that was instilled in me by my grandmother cooking them for every summer get together.) I'm going to be sending Beloved to work with some leftover chicken-sweet potato-chickpea curry that I made myself for dinner on Saturday. I think it will be a welcome change. Dinner is going to be pulled pork (in the crock pot) and I am going to be making a salad to go with it. I'm considering if I am going to make garlic mashed potatoes or not.

Thursday is going to be the day we finish off the donuts (if there are any left) or finish off the waffles. Lunch is going to be all about the pulled pork. I think I have everything I need for Beloved to have a cuban sandwich in his lunch. For my part, it is going to be pulled pork pizza on a wrap (or pulled pork on macaroni and cheese. It depends on how much macaroni and cheese will be left). Dinner that night is going to be ground beef stroganoff. There's several pretty good recipes on Pinterest but I am going to be using the one that is in my Campbell's cookbook.

Friday is going to be a very busy day. The kids are going to be getting a big breakfast of eggs, toast (or waffle), and milk. They've got some big activities going on at school, so I'm going to be sending them off for the day with enough of a breakfast that they don't get hungry really early. Cuddle Bear also has a field trip. I will be packing him a lunch that can stand up to being a bit warm. That means peanut butter-hazelnut spread sandwiches, chips, carrot sticks, and either a juice box or a can of soda. I'm not decided on how much I want to spoil him yet. Beloved is going to have the last of his chili for lunch Friday. Dinner Friday is planned to be pork chops with mashed potatoes and a tossed salad.

I haven't planned much for Saturday. But I'll get it figured out by the end of the week.

No comments: