roses

roses

Sunday, June 22, 2014

So out of shape. Ugh!

I got out last night and went to character creation for a new LARP I'm going to be playing in. It is based off of the Dresden Files' universe. I have created yet another LARP character that is a cognate for myself. This one is a bit more of a direct cognate then the others I have played. It is my hope that I don't find myself having the stress of reality bleeding into the character's 'life'.

I just got back from taking a walk with a couple of light hand weights. It wasn't a long walk. And yet I came back with a sheen of sweat. I think I need to make a point of walking with those weights every day rather then when I think of it. My weight is currently holding around 190 lbs. That is about 40 lbs over where I want to be. I hope to manage to drop a good amount of that weight by the end of the summer. This means a bit of exercise every day that I am able to do it.

I have been bad about sticking to my vegetarian breakfast and lunch routine over the last few weeks. With the beginning of summer here, however, there are going to be a lot more fresh veggies available. The farm markets will be starting up soon. My hope is to get stuff to do things like make homemade strawberry jam and such. My fermented cucumber pickles were a loss. I'm not terribly busted up about that because my sauerkraut is a success.

I plan to put up another batch of cucumber pickles next month. I am seriously considering getting the things together to do a waterbath canned version. While fermented pickles are dead simple to make, the vinegar ones sure are tasty too. I am sad to report that my gardening efforts have not been filled with success. I hope to make up for this by way of purchasing produce on the cheap to preserve.

I am looking forward to doing tutoring with Cuddle Bear's friend this summer. I have missed the work of educating in a more formal aspect. She is something of a problem student and it will require a bit of planning, but I think it may go well. I'm going to apply FLYLady's approach to the problem. We start up with the tutoring when Snuggle Bug starts up his summer session of preschool. The plan is to bring Cuddle Bear down and he gets to do some school work with his friend's mom while I do school work with his friend.

We'll see how well that works out.

No comments: