roses

roses

Monday, April 29, 2013

Ugh, it's Monday.

It was a very long Monday. I didn't get the devotional prayer time that I was hoping for. At the same time, however, I did get a 2 1/2 mi walk despite the drizzly weather. The trees are beginning to get a blush of green to them. The maple out front is in bloom and wafting pollen everywhere. As such, Snuggle Bug and I have been having fun with allergies. I'm pretty sure that as the season progresses, this will just become more intense.

After a conversation with Beloved, I think we finally have hammered out what we're going to be doing for food. I don't think OAMC is going to be our silver bullet. It works great for some folks, but between my small freezer and what our cooking choices are, I have to stick with predominantly fresh materials.

Our meals (in not particular order)
  • Hamburgers & salad  (Mon)
  • Pizza (Fri)
  • Pasta Bake / Spaghetti  (Tues)
  • Pasta salad (wed)
  • Pot roast, potatoes, hot veggie (thurs)
  • Soup & sandwiches (sat)
  • Momma's choice (sun)
We're going to be making a minor change to the weekend schedule to accomodate this and I'll be doing laundry in the middle of the day, rather then the evening. I'm fairly sure that this will not cause any problems, as this will be when Snuggle Bug is napping and Cuddle Bear is reading books or playing quietly. It's at that time that I go and do my grocery shopping on Saturdays.

I am thinking about how to get more vegetables and fruit into the diet. I'm pretty sure that my stomach discomfort earlier today was due to two things. One, the fast food that I ate over the weekend. Two, my not having enough fiber in my diet. I figure if Momma is having tummy issues because of this, it's quite likely that the whole household is dealing with a manifestation of this on some level.

My success today was getting the kids to eat fruit laden crisps (envision smushed fruit between crackers) with dinner. I know that those went over well because Snuggle Bug was carrying his around the house as he chewed on it. And Cuddle Bear polished his off right after he finished his sandwich tonight. I think it is going to take more efforts like that to get them to eat healthier. 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables is the goal. In eating those three crisps, they got three servings of fruit. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next.

No comments: