roses

roses

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gardening Notes & Rambling

I have several pots of plants out front. In them I have:
  • Dianthus (seeds)
  • Tulips (pink in one pot, random color in the other)
  • Lavandula officinalis (seeds)
In the partial sun bed, I have:
  • Tulips (random color)
  • Daffodils
  • Narcissus
  • Hyacinths
  • Impatiens (seeds)
  • Forget-Me-Not
In the deep shade bed, I have:
  • Narcissus (which *really* needs moved)
  • Coleanthus (seeds)
  • Columbine (seeds, which may or may not grow)
  • Impatiens (seeds)
On the back deck, I have pots with:
  • Geraniums (pink and orange)
  • Ivy
  • Dwarf marigold (seeds)
  • Pansies (seeds)
  • Nasturtium (seeds)
  • Strawberries
I've yet to fill my remaining pots with soil. I plan to grow:
  • Roses
  • Tomatoes
  • Peas
  • Squash
  • Peppers
  • Basil
  • Mint
  • Thyme
  • Blue berries (if I can find one that'll grow in a pot for me)
I've spoken with the landlord and he is willing to supply the materials to make a circular raised bed where the fire pit was. Area of the circular bed = 20 ft It is a partial sun spot that get's predominantly morning and afternoon sun. I will need to do a little bit of planning for that spot. I must, however, not forget to discuss with him the acquisition of mulch and a few other plants for the deep shade bed. I'm fairly sure that a good number of the seeds I planted are not going to do very well in that bed. It is in the shade all day.

I may, however, get lucky. He just might be willing to spring for a bleeding heart or something else equally showy for the hanging basket by the front door. I am considering planting some morning glories and training them up the side of the building. We'll see if he goes for that concept or not. And if the seeds I saved from a few years ago are still even any good.

No comments: