roses

roses

Friday, October 19, 2007

almost 2 months... so, how long until he's 18?

Ok, so it's not that bad, but there are moments. He's a great little kid and we just got the pictures from the photographer to prove just how cute he is. Now I need to send out an army of birth announcements. I think I may go insane if I have to do these by hand. :p

I'm not sure how to describe the last several weeks. On one hand, I've been doing fairly well. At the same time, postpartum depression was making it feel like hell. I finally went to the doctor after I had been attempting the various solutions suggested to me by friends and family. The doctor said that I've got a textbook case of postpartum depression and then prescribed a SSRI. I can say honestly that I am feeling a huge difference because I haven't been half as anxious.

I think the fact that I enjoyed playing with the baby today is a good sign. Now I just need to keep doing the practical things and push forward. The medicine is just part of the solution.

No comments: