roses

roses

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Moments of self-doubt.

Have you ever had a time where you sat and questioned your self, dear Reader? I'm sure you have, all of us do from time to time. It is a rather miserable experience, if I may say so.

This evening (I suppose I could say last night given the fact that it is 4 am as I type this.) I had just such a moment. Ironically enough, it was a short period of time after I had launched into an invective about how I am angered by the way the over-commercialization/keeping up with the fads/clique-ish behavior of people in my society denigrates our self-image.

My darling husband was very amused (and confused) by my tirade. It started off as my expounding on how I am sick of seeing items displaying things relating to local/regional professional sports teams everywhere. It's endlessly aggrivating and I'm tired of it. In the midst of attempting to explain why I was so aggrivated by the proliferation of the logo embellished items, I had my little rant.

Well, some time passed and I visited some friends of ours as he attended to some business of his own. In the midst of the visiting, I found myself questioning much about myself. It's ironic how just earlier, I complained and berated rather loudly about others working to lower my self image. I can accomplish that rather well on my own when I start to question my own worth.

It's a bad habit, dear Reader, I hope you never fall into that nasty little trap.

No comments: