roses

roses

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Open letter to people this concerns or interest

My dear friends;

Some of you have heard of my change of religious path. Some are troubled, others are confused, and some of you don't care one way or the other. This letter is mainly for those of you who are troubled or confused. Virtually all of you are aware of my deep spiritual life, it goes with out saying that I draw a great deal of comfort and guidance from this part of my life.

A little over a year ago, close to a year and a half, I began to seriously become involved with Catholicism. Some of you voiced deep concern that I was throwing myself blindly into this. Even today, there are those concerns flying about, though few of you voice them. Let me tell you why I am doing this and what it brings to me.

1. The Church has brought me a larger sense of community that I have yearned for for a long time. Many of you know that I frequently lamented how I felt so isolated and out of sorts due to the rather solitary nature of the Craft.

2. I am finding validation for what I have experienced in the Church's mystical traditions. Alot more validtaiton then I've found in the Craft.

3. As I grow and learn more along this path, I find myself feeling a deeper connection to God, that amorpheous, un-nameable sanctity that is at the heart of all things. It is a connection that I've felt as a need for a very long time. The stronger that connection becomes, the more whole I am and the greater the peace in my heart has become.

4. Unlike what many of you may suspect, I do not feel the need of an intermediary between myself and God. What I do need is a community to support me and the unique relationship that has come to me thru Christ. It is not this slavish adoration, nor is it this holy roller thing that so many people seem to express. I've come to understand that Christ is god and yet a man at the same time. For me it wasn't that big of a logical leap, thank paganisim for that one. ;) And my relationship with the god part of him, it is the same simple adoration that I held for the gods as a witch. that just plain love that people looked at me as weird for, that's all it is. and the relationship with the man, it's growing in it's own way. But it is something that i'm not ready to discuss with the whole world.

You could say that I'm being courted, in a spiritual sense. Not being coy or anything, just keeping the private affair private.

I don't know if it helps any in making my choices clearer. I kinda didn't have as much time to spend on this as I'd have liked to.

never enough time in the day!

No comments: