roses

roses

Monday, January 17, 2022

Screw this weather.

 Seriously, the weather today sucks. We probably have over a foot of snow on the ground right now. Winter storm Izzy blew through. I was concerned about it being too cold for the kids to play outside but Beloved convinced me that they'd be warm enough in their snow gear and that they've got enough sense to come inside when they get cold. He was right on all accounts. I just worry too much.

But, there's another arctic front coming later this week. It's going to be awful. I don't know how much snow we'll get before it hits but it's the cold that I am troubled by. It makes my arthritis act up. It makes my rib ache where I fractured it a few years back. (I don't know if I posted here about how I fell down the shitty front steps and our snow shovel caught me. I can't remember.) It makes my depression worse. I just can't handle it.

Cold, grey days screw up my mood to begin with. I'm still trying to nail down exactly why. Signs point to it's because of the bipolar II. Because why not have your mood at the fickle whim of the weather? I have about six months where I am depressed and miserable. It makes it hard for me to function. I have more flashbacks. I have more nightmares. And there's the trauma memories attached to being physically cold. It just sucks.

Stupid weather.

/rant

No comments: