roses

roses

Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday menu & rambling.

Hi folks,

It's been a while since I posted. The kids have kept me busy. And my own stuff regarding my health has been keeping me busy. School starts September 6th. I am literally counting down the days. We have all the school supplies they need. I may need to buy a few pairs of pants, but we're more or less set on clothes. I have been mending things as necessary. Something I learned was that if you use sport weight yarn to darn holes in denim, it makes a better patch than doing so with sewing thread or with an iron on patch. (The latest issue of Piecework also has a great articles on techniques for how to mend clothes via darning. I highly recommend it.)

My menu this week is super simple and kid friendly. I am just tired of fighting with them over food. I am also in the process of trying to figure out how many spoons I have that I can put towards lunches for the kids. I am leaning again towards the reduced lunch program. A part of me feels guilty about this. I realize, however, I am not in a competition with anyone and the goal is to have the kids eating healthy. Throw in how their medication tends to reduce their appetite, I am thinking about what I can do to get them to eat nutritionally dense foods. I'm still researching that right now. Enough about that now, let's get that menu up here.


Day Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Mon Pop-Tarts Sandwiches Macaroni and cheese
Tues Cereal Grilled Cheese Meatball sandwiches
Wed Pop-tarts Pb & j 'Sushi'
w/ fruit leather
Spaghetti & meat
sauce
Thurs Waffles Spaghetti pie Hot dogs & fries
Fri Cereal Octo-dogs w/
veggies & chips
Pork chops w/
cheese potatoes
Sat Eggs &
bacon
Leftovers/
Sandwiches
Pulled chicken (bbq)
with tossed salad
Sun Eggs &
hash
Leftovers Pizza

No comments: