roses

roses

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Behold, I arise!

I've got nothing epic to follow that subject line. I feel that I owe you, my constant readers (all 2 of you) something of an apology. I intended to post more over the last few weeks but I have been sucked into the world of my fantasy series. I am 3/4 of the way finished with book three. I'm not entirely thrilled with how it is working up right now, but I am viewing this as preparation for writing book four.

I will be participating in NaNoWriMo this year and I will be pushing myself to do NaBloPoMo as well. If nothing else, to get into the habit of posting on here more frequently then once every fortnight. I may have mentioned that school started recently. We just had picture day today. I feel a little bit bad that the kids were really in need of haircuts but life happens. Anyways, the pictures will reflect a bit more accurately what the kids look like most of the time.

Cuddle Bear has been swimming in gym class for the last few weeks. He went from scared of being in the pool to being really excited for it. Snuggle Bug seems to have transitioned well to kindergarten. We're actually making some progress on the potty training front since the transition. Perhaps we don't need to be quite so anxious about that matter. On the whole, the boys seem to be enjoying school and having a good time of it all. It relieves me, as I was concerned that there was going to be some difficulty in the beginning.

I am making progress on my Yule crafting. I finished a giant snowflake/shawl for one of my nieces. I am approximately a third of the way through the Lady of the Woods shawl that I have been knitting since August. I am also just about half finished with a basic triangular shawl that I'm knitting. I have begun a crochet shawl to use up the odd balls of yarn that I have kicking around in the project room. It is going to look funky but I don't think that will be a problem.

I'm trying to decide what to do about Etsy. I technically still have a page up there. I could be selling stuff. I just have no clue where to begin with marketing myself. The thought of it makes me feel a little sick with anxiety. It's been rough trying to work up the nerve to start pounding the proverbial pavement with respect to my writing. One of the paid blogging sites that I was on closed up shop last month. I had a total of $20 on there but it was under the minimum amount to get a check from them. The other paid blogging site has been having lots of problems over the last few weeks. I keep getting a lot of 500 errors when I try to post stuff. It make me concerned that I can't keep working with them. I have a lot of material up there. I would be upset if it were to all suddenly vanish on me. I don't have copies of all of it right now. And with the servers being wonky it is hard for me to copy things to word documents on my computer.

No comments: