roses

roses

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Changes to Blogger.

Yeah, I know, I'm a member of this blogging community. It may look bad for me to criticize it, but oh well. I'm rather opinionated. If they haven't noticed it before now... that's their problem.

I don't like the fact that I've been forced to use the new modle of Blogger. Yes, you read that right- forced to use it. Over the last several months, it has become progressively more difficult for me to use Blogger in the old mode. If I did not make the change, I would have been unable to access my account at all.

I understand that they had to make some changes. I'm certian that there are reasons that are specifically due to the requirements of supporting so many blogs. Some of this may be due to the fact that they desire to keep the service free and some of this may be fore other practical reasons, such as software support and server space.

I just don't like it when they present this illusory option of changing to the new format or continuing to use the old one. It's not an option. You need to do so or you have major difficulty accessing your account and run the risk of not being able to do so after a certian point in time when the majority of the users have completed the transition.

Next time a major change like this is done, Blogger staff, please, just say that you're making a major upgrade and there will be a transition period for users to get familiar with the changes. Don't say we have a choice to use the upgrade or not, when we really don't. Ok? I like your service, I enjoy using Blogger to post my thoughts upon the web. I've had no complaints until now. I hope that I will have no future complaints.

No comments: