roses

roses

Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Holiday complications.

I'm coming down the home stretch of getting projects done. I'm now at the point where I have to sew up the binding on one blanket. Aside from that, I have to do my holiday baking. There's a short list of things to buy for the 12 days of Yule I'm going to do with the kids again this year. I'm going to start Christmas day. They get their big present then. After that it will be little things like sweets and matchbox cars or something similar. It's not going to be thirteen matchbox cars or whatever.

I'm going to have some challenges this year in finding things that are both useful and still holiday related. I'm thinking about the stocking stuffers like pencils and fancy erasers. The boys are still working on sketchbooks and Doug's sort of journaling. I'm also going to be giving them a few joint gifts. The complication here is the fact that we're trying to get things out of the house that we don't need. Buying a bunch of random dollar store toys is just going to make more of a mess. So I'm thinking about things like a package of socks (because they go through socks like nobody's business) as a gag gift one day, new mittens and other small but practical things.

I'm also going to crochet them their own snowflakes. I will also take some of the gobs of white yarn I have and make 'snowballs' for them to fool around with. Basically large pompoms that they can mess around with in the house. I'm just stumped on what else to do. I'm leaning towards cookies.

No comments: