roses

roses

Thursday, December 06, 2018

Get your ham at Aldi's.

Right now, they've got some pretty good ham stocked. Not all of them are huge. I picked up one and made it for dinner last night. Nice and flavorful with out having to have some kind of glaze added to it. There's a good amount left over from last night that I'm probably going to throw into a pot of lentil soup tonight. The Aldi's near me also has boneless turkey breasts. I'm sticking that on the shopping list next week, because I don't want to commit to an enormous turkey for four people. Boneless turkey breasts can be cut up and used a whole bunch of ways. We still get the goodness of turkey with out 50000 days of eating turkey.

But, back to the ham, the smoked carving ham is really excellent. I didn't cook it quite as how the package directed which I think it why it was a little tough to carve. But I am completely going to do that again when I have the opportunity.

No comments: