roses

roses

Monday, December 17, 2018

Deb's December KAL scarf

Hi there,

It's been busy the last couple of days. But we have found the living room floor once again and made good headway on getting the kids' room straightened out. This meant one rest day from knitting and a day that I didn't get to the computer to type up what I had done.

Sunday was a no knitting day. But Saturday I did a section of triangles. My scarf divides up neatly into four groups of ten. Yours may not. If it doesn't divide evenly into groups of ten, you may choose to just knit one big triangle. I started out planning on one big triangle but realized that with my yarn, I may not have had enough to make one that big. (Turned out to be the case, I have moved onto my next ball of yarn.)

Right side R1: Purl one, knit nine. Repeat across the row. (Alternately, purl one, knit the rest of the row.)
Wrong side R2: Purl eight, knit two. Repeat across the row. (Purl everything but the last two stitches, knit those.)
R3: P3, K7, repeat across the row. (P3, K across)
R4: K6, p4, repeat across the row. (k across, p last 4 stitches)
R5: P5, K5, repeat across the row. (P5, K across the row)
R6: k4, p6, repeat across the row. (k across, p last 6 stitches)
R7: k7, p3, repeat across the row. (p7 , K across row)
R8: P8, K 2, repeat across the row. (k across, p 8)
R9: K9, p1, repeat across row. (p9, k across row)
R10: Knit row. (continue the alternating knits and purls in the progression above until you have reached entirely across your scarf).

Today, I worked a section in this stitch that I don't see in my knitting book. I worked on the right side all knit and on the wrong side K2P2. I did this for about twenty rows. Then I hit the end of my ball of multi colored yarn. I have changed colors and knit one row for each color in my scarf (9).

No comments: