roses

roses

Friday, December 21, 2018

Deb's December KAL scarf

It's been really busy over the last few days but I did get some knitting in after putting the kids on the bus to school. First I worked the triangles that I did last in reverse. So, take the steps from the last KAL post and do them backwards.

Then I knit twelve rows. One for each day of yule that we'll be celebrating at my house. It would have been thirteen but I ran out of yarn.

Color change was off of a small ball of red yarn, but if you have something else 'holiday' colored, go for it. I did the classic K2P2 rib for six rows until that ball of yarn ran out.

Next color change was to black for the night sky. I knit four rows and then got bored.

So then came another color change. I knit a big triangle similar to what I did before, except I had the stockinette section in the middle and two reverse stockinette sections on either side. I worked this by starting with a purl on either end of my row and then proceeded in the usual fashion, increasing my side triangles until they met in the middle. Then I knit three rows. And that ball of yarn ran out.

I took up some yellow yarn and just knit four rows. I tried it on and found it was a length to my liking and decided I was done.

No comments: