roses

roses

Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Deb's December Knit Along Scarf Project.

Day 1: Cast on the same number of stitches as your age. Knit the same number of rows as in your household.

Day 2: Stockinette stitch the same number of rows as years of your oldest friendship/relationship

Day 3: Change color. Reverse stockinette stitch the same number of rows as holiday items you have up for decorations. (You don't have to count all the ornaments on the tree unless you want to.)

Day 4: Basket weave stitch ( https://www.dummies.com/crafts/knitting/designs-patterns/how-to-knit-basketweave-stitch/ ) for as many rows until you get bored of it.

Day 5: Change color. Reverse stockinette stitch for the same number of chairs in your house.


I'll add more to this over the next several days. I'm currently working on day two, day three is going to be one row. Then I'm going to do two repeats of basket weave stitch before I'm on to today's stitching.

Theoretically, I'll have a scarf by the end of this. I am cheating on the color changing because my yarn is self striping. I think I have enough in the ball to get a whole scarf out of it. If not, I'll start using up my yarn hoard. Red Heart SuperSaver has this awesome colorway called favorite stripes. I used it for my Pride scarf that I made this summer. I loved the way it worked up as Tunisian crochet, so I had to give knitting it a shot. And because the colors change, I'm not getting too bored with the stockinette section.

No comments: