roses

roses

Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Thunderstorm in January?

I supposed it would make sense if we were living somewhere like Florida or southern California where they usually get rain in the winter but this is confusion. It is pouring pretty hard outside right now. The skies are dark and gloomy with an occasional crack of thunder. My ribs don't ache right now, which I am thankful for. But later this week, the temperature is supposed to drop back to seasonable levels and I honestly wonder if we're going to get a severe storm when it happens.

I know that January usually has a thaw and things warm up for a bit. But winter weather started late this year. If this is our January thaw, it is early. It all has me concerned if we're going to be facing drought conditions this coming growing season because the water table isn't being replenished by sufficient snow melt later. It would make gardening difficult for me but it would be a major problem for the farmers in the region.

The funny thing is I was going to go for a walk earlier and I got laid low by a migraine out of nowhere. I now know why I had that migraine this morning. Because of the on coming storm. What a weird week for weather. Just yesterday, we had a very mild ice storm that left a very fine glaze of ice over everything. Today it's a thunderstorm. And tomorrow we are projected to quite possibly get snow in the evening. It's like we're experiencing all of the seasons in one week. Please, don't let it happen that we have a sudden day of summer weather. That would completely freak me out.

No comments: