roses

roses

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

I have a new favorite yarn.

It's called My Favorite Stripe from Red Heart. The color saturation on this is fantastic. The striping works up great for scarves. I crochet one and then I knit one. Now I'm knitting another. It's just a lot of fun to have the yarn to the heavy lifting for the pattern. Right now, I'm just making another sampler scarf like I did in December. I'm not posting it as a Knit-A-Long because I honestly have no idea what I'm doing and I have misplaced my notebook.

I have another ball of this yarn. I'm going to use it to knit up a project that was last year's Knit-A-Long for spinning guild: That Nice Stitch scarf/cowl. It's a free pattern (last I checked) up on Ravelry. My plan is to donate the scarves I've been making and I don't need or find to be quite right for people on my gift list. I'm debating making hats to go with the scarves. I've been thinking about making scarves with pockets for hands too. But I feel good about making the decision to create stuff for charity again. I believe that most of the scarves are going to be fairly simple that I can knit with out concentrating too much. That way I can churn out more than one scarf in a month.

I have picked up the spindle again. I haven't loaded my fiber up on my distaff because it is a pretty small braid of it. So, I've been using my bracelet as a distaff for small sections. I'm using the Ashford Student Spindle to spin cobweb weight thread out of a grey-dark grey colorway from Winterhaven Fiber Farm. The fiber is a blend of merino(50), bamboo(35), and silk(25). I have 4 oz of fiber. I started spinning it with my turkish spindle. After I had two balls to ply, yule came. Then I made the mistake of putting the turkish spindle in a safe place. I still have the two balls of cobweb weight thread to ply. I'm not sure if I'm going to use a drop spindle for it or my kick wheel. I may go so far as to use my navajo spindle.

No comments: