roses

roses

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ugh!

I'm getting tired of packing. I'm getting close to being finished, thank goodness. All the same, however, this is tiring. Here's hoping the rest of the packing goes quickly. I'm also hoping that cleaning up this apartment here isn't going to be too much of a headache. :P I'm also not exactly looking forward to scrubbing the place we're moving into. Now, one may ask, why on earth am I going to be cleaning the new place up when we haven't even been there to make a mess in there yet?

It's fairly simple. My mother taught me to do so on the off chance that something may be not quite right with the place when you go to move in. Cleaning everything up gives you the opportunity to check everything over even as you're scrubbing. The same is true for cleaning up the apartment before you move out. It make it easier to find any damages that you may have accidentally caused and repair them. I'll be honest, I hope that the landlord doesn't tell us that he wants us to repaint the walls and patch up the holes from the nails holding up pictures. I rather dread the amount of work that goes into that.

On to a different topic: my son decided to get up on his hands and knees today. He was rocking back and forth on them in his crib almost running the crib into the wall. I think he's going to begin real crawling any day now. Goddess help me, but I honestly don't know if it's safe for him to do so with the apartment like it is right now. :P

I'd add more but it's growing late at night and I've a few more things to take care of before I go to bed. Like finding my side of the bed under my laundry. :P

No comments: