roses

roses

Monday, September 11, 2017

Menu for week of 9/10/17 & update

Hi again,

It has been a really busy week. School started last Wednesday. Beloved and I celebrated our anniversary last Monday. And somehow between then and now, I have been busy doing stuff like organizing everything and being cranky. I think this means I am in a mixed episode. It isn't that bad. I'm just extra cranky and extra focused on cleaning/organizing. No wild feelings that I must buy all the things. Though, I confess some annoyance that my brain is going faster than I can write at the moment. Nothing does a better job of making sure you're going to have typoes than trying to spell the word you're thinking instead of the one that is supposed to come next in the sentence.

Meals this week are a little bit easier now. The boys are doing school lunch. We qualify for the free lunch program, so this will actually be a big help. I am still packing lunches for Beloved. And I am still working on mastering the healthier lunches for myself. It became pretty clear last week that I need to stick with a low carbohydrate diet. The issue that created for me is cleared up now, but I must focus my enjoyment of carbohydrate rich foods into something done on the basis of much smaller portions than I have had in the past. I also am replacing my carbohydrate rich foods with ones that are lower in carbohydrates or completely free of them.

I tried making my own veggie burgers but it made a complete mess. I am going to eventually master how to make these things with out a ton of rice in them. Aside from that, I'm going to keep doing the veggie noodles. I am afraid that I am going to have to limit how much I can have by way of sweet potatoes and potatoes. For some reason, I thought that they were relatively ok to have instead of the wheat based pastas. I was wrong. They're better than some of the wheat pastas but just as carbohydrate laden as the others. It's tough because I want something with the same mouth feel as regular pasta. Thus, I am going with portion control. Instead of a normal dinner plate for my meals, I am using one of my fancy good china salad plates. While I do have salad plates from the everyday basic set, the fancy plate makes me feel a little better about my smaller portions because they look kinda pretty.

Here's this week's menu.

Day Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Mon Eggs Sandwiches Hamburgers w/
fixings
Tues Cereal Spaghetti &
meatballs / salad
w/ hummus
Pulled chicken
enchiladas &
mexican rice
Wed Pop-tarts Leftovers/ salad BBQ Hotdogs w/
fixings, salad &
chips
Thurs Eggs Turkey sandwich
w/ chips / chicken
salad wrap &
veggies
Spaghetti &
homemade meat
sauce w/ salad &
garlic bread
Fri Cereal Turkey sandwich
w/ chips / leftovers
Pork chops w/
sweet potatoes &
peas
Sat Eggs &
bacon
Leftovers/
Sandwiches
Roast beef w/
root veggies &
broccoli
Sun Eggs &
hash
Leftovers Pizza

No comments: