roses

roses

Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday Menu: Week 3

So, I never did get as far as posting my menu for last week. I apologize. I just managed to completely forget to do it until it was time to make my new one.

This is not half so neat and tidy as the first one I posted. I suppose you could say that life happened here. Looking at this week's menu chart, you will notice that Wednesday the 25th is highlighted. This is because that day is Cuddle Bear's first chorus concert. So, dinner is going to be out of the house. It is probably going to be at McDonald's or something. Because the kids love going to McDonald's and it is inexpensive. Dinner is not going to be happen at the usual time either, because we have to be at the school at 7pm sharp.

Here's what I've got for each day, in case you can not read the chart.

1/22/17
Breakfast: Donuts
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Pizza

1/23/17
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Soup & Salad
Dinner: Hamburgers
Snack: Lollipops

1/24/17 *
Breakfast: Donuts
Lunch: Veggie Stew
Dinner: Chicken Nuggets (for kids); Chicken and Rice (with Indian sauce from Aldi's) and Green beans
Snack: Cookies

1/25/17
Breakfast: Muffins/Waffles
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Out
Snack: Lollipops

1/26/17
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Veggie Stew
Dinner: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas
Snack: Brownies

1/27/17
Breakfast: Eggs, toast, etc.
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Tatertot bake
Snack: Brownies

1/28/17
Breakfast: Cereal/Donuts
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: To Be Determined
Snack: Crackers

* Tuesday's breakfast was switched with Wednesday's because the donuts I have are not likely to last that long. I may also have to change the plan to make chicken and rice for Beloved and I because it looks like I used the last of the chicken over the weekend.

The vegetable stew that I am going to make (and freeze some of for next week's lunches for myself) is from the Campbell's cookbook. They have it up on their website. Link HERE. I find this to be filling by itself. It is also really good with fresh bread.

My goal is to bake a loaf of bread on Thursday. I figure I can get that done in the afternoon or in the morning. If I am slick about it, maybe I can manage to do that fancy no knead bread. The last time I made it, it went really fast. I was lucky to get a few pieces of it before the guys ate it all. I highly recommend this recipe. And the technique used to bake it. It seriously was one of the best loaves of bread I have ever made.

No comments: